At Dogwoods Lodge, we offer the ultimate Daycamp experience for your dog. Our well-trained staff is passionate about dogs and will go the extra mile to ensure that your pet has a safe and enjoyable time with us.
Why Do Daycamp?
(For ages 5 months and up. Puppies under 5 months will be enrolled in Pup-Camp, which is a modified version of Daycamp. Description below.)
- Small group play mixed with mentally enriching games (equals a safer, happier play environment)
- 4 huge indoor/outdoor play yards
- Canine turf made just for dogs—this means no muddy dogs!
- Constant supervision of play groups by highly-trained staff
- Indoor yards feature rubberized flooring, a variety of toys, and play equipment
- Web-Cams so you can watch your dog play!
- Rotational naptimes (give dogs much needed breaks to recoup, cool off, and snooze)
- Play pools and hoses for those “water lovers”
- Play equipment and shade structures to keep the fun going for hours
- 8’ high fences to keep climbers in
(for ages 9 weeks to 5 months)
Pup-Camp is now offered Tuesdays and Wednesdays! It is a GREAT way to exercise, train, and socialize your pup with other dogs, people, and environments. There is no other program like it. You are sure to love the results.
with other puppies and select well-behaved dogs.
- Why is this awesome?
- Safe environment for socializing where all puppies/dogs are verified as vaccinated and non-aggressive (unlike a dog park)
- A well socialized puppy is the key to avoiding dog and people aggression, as well as fears and phobias, in the future
- Perfect learning environment for learning pack behavior, bite inhibition, dog body language, and other canine-taught lessons
Constant supervision of play groups by highly-trained staff
Beginner training including, but not limited to: no jumping, no mouthing/biting, sit (stay), “kennel-up”, wait, and come (Yes, our staff train the pups in home manners! It is crucial for them to learn to behave around other dogs and people at a young age, so we teach them to do so around those very distractions.) We also continue their potty training while they are here.
NOTE: Owners must sign up for a minimum of 6 pup-camp sessions. (This is because 1 or 2 “puppy play dates” is not enough to socialize your dog well, nor is it enough to learn any solid skills. It is also because we include one “train the owner session” with pup-camp, so that you can follow through at home and solidify their new manners.)
**For puppies, their vaccines only need to be up to date for their age. For example, a 9 week old pup is only old enough to have had one round of vaccinations, so that is the requirement for a 9 week old pup.